Trademark & Licensing

Under existing law, Humboldt State University owns, and controls the commercial use of its formal name. We also have legal control of our distinctive graphic marks.

HSU graphic marks and templates are the exclusive property of the University, and may only be used by official units, campus organizations, and employees representing HSU. They may not be used in a defamatory, libelous, or pornographic context, or contrary to ethical business practices. Those using the marks and templates are responsible for the text and content.

The University is in the process of trademarking various graphic marks and names. When that is completed, a licensing procedure with a third-party vendor will be established, and further information will be available here.